Monday, May 12, 2008

Bragging Mom - Endure My Gloating, Please

I'm just going to be a hideous bragger right now. We've not been pushing Jenna to try to potty train her but she's so awesome, she tells me she needs to go "Poop" (which is universal for any bathroom activity) and we sit down any time she wants. And...you guessed it, she is potty training herself. I could not be more proud. This is becoming a daily interaction so I know it won't be long until she'll be 100% self trained. How cool is that?
Her language skills are just growing leaps and bounds each day. I'll come home from work and she'll pop off with all sorts of new things. We drive down the street or we'll be reading a book and she just announces new words to me.
One of my favorite funny interactions with her is when you ask her where baby Aiden is and she picks up my shirt and says, "Peek-a-boo" to my belly.
Looking for baby Aiden
I also find it particularly funny to tell her I love her and have her reply, "You're welcome." She talks on the phone to YaYa and sends her (via phone) down the slide in the back yard saying, "Wheeee!" She's counting things up to 4 .... and just yesterday we were getting gas and she started reading the letters on the Mobil sign. I had no idea she knew her letters.
Honestly, she's just so neato. I could brag more but you get the idea that she's the light of our lives and entertains our every waking moment just by being her.
Jenna turns 2 tomorrow. We had a party for her this past weekend and now she wants me to sing to her and have her blow out candles all the time. I did bake her a tiny special cake just for tomorrow. I'm such a nerd...a nerd who loves my kid! Photos to come. :-)

2 comments:

RylansMom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA!!! It is amazing how fast they learn!

Ginette said...

Can't believe she is 2 already! Happy Birthday Jenna!

I also love the bragging moments there. As a mom you are allowed to do that non-stop you know. Just what I have heard anyway. Will Jenna teach Dayla to self-potty train? That is awesome.