Monday, June 16, 2008

Pregnancy Post - Last One

I think this will be my final pregnancy update. (Not that I've posted an inordinate amount about pregnancy here on Miss Jenna's site...after all, I'm sure you'd rather look at cute pics of my girl than listen to me whine.) But I say it is a final update because we are going to be giving birth to our son on Friday at noon (unless he decides to come earlier.)


I knew that I had a GREAT pregnancy with Jenna but didn't know exactly how great it was until I was pregnant for the second time. This time EVERYTHING hurts and has since the very beginning. I think God wanted me to experience every possible aspect of pregnancy so since Jenna's was so fun/problem free, I got to "enjoy" everything this second and final time. I've had excessive weight gain (currently 46lbs) bad heartburn, ligament pains, horrible pressure and stabbing pains, overnight leg cramps, restroom issues and the issues you get as a result of having restroom issues (trying not to give gross details but every mother knows exactly what I'm referring to), carpal tunnel, swelling feet/ankles AND gestational diabetes...however, my blood pressure is still REALLY good. :-) I feel like I should say, "Ta Dah!"


So...all of this will be coming to an end at noon on Friday, June 20th when our scheduled c-section will take place. (We're doing c-section because we did with Jenna. Sadly, they won't throw in bonus liposuction while they have the big hole and the operating room.) My doc has frightened me a couple times over the last couple weeks at my appointments with casual statements about my water breaking and stuff. I keep telling him, "We didn't take the classes this time so we'll be seeing you on the 20th, no matter what!" I'm quite ill prepared to actually go into labor.


I'm off work this week and trying to get our lives in order. hahahahaha. I'm laughing aloud because that statement is so ludicrous...as if I could actually make that happen in the scope of a week being as fully pregnant as I am. Actually, as if I could make that happen period. Oh well, I can dream.


We have affectionately been calling our son "Flipper" because he's turned from head down to head up, back down, back up and back down in the past week. No easy task for as cramped as his quarters are...and not so fun for mom. That large of movement does not feel at all nice. (Again, any mom knows that at 37/38 weeks those giant movements aren't common.)


I guess that actually leads me to my last problem with this pregnancy. We thought we'd settled on a name for our son...but Aiden has been on the top 5 boys name list for the last 5 years. I don't want him showing up to school with 20 other Aidens. So, we find ourselves 4 days from birth with NO NAME for our son.


So, while you ponder what the heck we should be naming our boy...please enjoy a couple silly photos from last night.


J had the help of a beach ball for his pregnancy glory shot. Plainly, I cannot say the same.


My next post will be Friday night/Saturday morning, and I'll be updating the site with pictures of our newest family member. Hope you'll check back.

7 comments:

Ben's Mom said...

Beautiful! Well said! I love you sis!

RylansMom said...

That's a good picture! You look great I think! I had a different impression when I spoke with you...:)

Anonymous said...

wow - changing the name - more excitement! It'll just come to you i'm sure. watch some old movies "in your spare time" (ha!)…they always seem to have fabulous names.
Take care -- lots of love to you and the whole family.
xoxox

audra72 said...

Friggin awesome! Can't wait to see what that beach ball looks like when it comes out! Oh, and seeing the baby will be great too. har har

Ginette said...

LOVE that picture! Well, good luck on Friday! We'll say a prayer for a safe, happy delivery and easy (is this possible?) recovery. :) And we will certainly check back...can't wait to see that little guy's face!

Sydney's Mommy said...

so excited for you guys! can't wait to see pics of the newest little one! hope all goes well on Friday! we will be at Darcie's, so more than likely we'll be checking on you over the weekend through her!

DvS said...

Name your son Baxter. It's a winner I'm telling you.

-Daniel