
Firstly, I know I've been terrible at keeping Jenna's blog current in these past 2 weeks since I've returned to work.
Things have been enormously busy at work and at home but I wasn't posting because we were trying to secure a reliable nanny for Jenna. Truthfully, I didn't really have anything nice to say. :-) (See mom, I did actually listen when you told me if I didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all.)
The nanny search began 2 months ago so that we'd have plenty of overlap/training before I went back to work. We found someone, she wanted too much money. We offered her what we could afford, she turned us down. We went with candidate #2, she started working for us for 3 days. We parted ways when I could no longer stand catering to HER every need and cleaning up after her each day.
We started the search anew. We found a young lady who was great with Jenna, but left us with MANY trust issues in her first week of work. We knew that if things were that bad in week one, it would likely be hideous in a couple months, so we let her go.
Daddy took the next week off work to take care of Jenna and we began the search yet again. We found a truly lovely lady who is more mature and has raised 3 kids of her own and even has a grand daughter. She seems to really be a lovely, lovely person and seems to genuinely care for and interact well with Jenna. If you all could say a quick prayer for us that this will work out, we'd sure appreciate it.
From the photo...We were up visiting J's Grama for her 88th birthday this past weekend and noticed they have a tiny little chair in the hallway that looks almost exactly like our livingroom chair. We set Jenna in it and it looks like a movie prop to have a giant baby in a tiny chair (since it looks just like our furniture.)
Hope everyone is well. I promise to get back online with photos and stories soon. And, I'll put a pic of our new nanny up one day this week. (Hopefully.)
No comments:
Post a Comment