Sunday, December 30, 2007

A December To Remember

Well, we had a spectacular celebration on Christmas day over at Chris and Rhea Dawn's house. We got there about ten am, had brunch, opened presents, napped, had dinner and then went home somewhere around 8pm. It was a very full and fun day. Miss Jenna was enormously spoiled.

Mommy got an awesome purse sized new camera. So, we tried it out first thing on Miss Jenna shortly after she woke up. I think you can plainly see, she was not impressed with all the hub-bub of our early morning bustling about.


Jenna got her very first dolly. (We took over this awesome stroller that some friends gave us. She's been pushing it around empty or with random toys in it terrorizing the dogs for weeks.) She put that baby in there and started tearing around the Smith's house at 90 miles an hour, but she did stop to teach her baby doll how to clap and to give it a hug and kiss. I was so tickled.


Mirror Mirror on the Wall...apparently I AM the fairest of them all! Grama gave Jenna a Princess Mirror and she leaned in to give herself a kiss. ha-ha (Perhaps we tell her she's pretty a bit too much?) Nah!!!!

Grama, I want your jelly beans and neither you nor the dog can have them!!!!!

Inch worm....who knew they even made these any more? But Daddy and Uncle Chris put it together and off she went. Did I also mention Grama gave her a horse, too? Did I mention that horse sings and now Daddy answers the phone singing, "I'm a pretty pony." We're permanently scarred. tee hee

I wasn't kidding about the napping. Uncle Greg and Aunt Judy chose to enjoy the sunshine a bit and lounge outside. I couldn't resist snapping a quick photo. Cute, huh? To me, this is the perfect depiction of retirement. Don't you love it?

The evening feast. Great food and great company!

Hope everyone's Christmas was as blessed as ours!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenna is growing so much! She is beautiful! And CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby on the way! Don't worry about your age when they graduate high school! You'll just be wiser than the other parents! (At least that is the theory I am working with when Greta graduates...)
Take care! Astrid