Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Day at "Cool" (School)

Jenna calls school "cool" which you know I think is, well...neato. Anyway, we started our venture into the big world out there today. Jenna is now enrolled in half days at the preschool that is part of the church just up the street. It is on my way to work so I'll be able to drop her off on my way in and pick her up at lunchtime. Then she can take her nap at home.

Today we just went for a little over an hour. Mommy hung out and played with her and her little friends. It worked out well because her teacher, Miss Gabby was out sick today and the teacher's assistant Miss Heather had a stream of other teachers popping in and out to assist but I think it helped having a mommy there on the floor playing with the kids and hugging the ones that were crying after their mommies left. Thankfully, my kid was not one of the ones crying.

Jenna's new good buddy is named Colin. He was a super sweet boy who loved to share toys with Jenna (and me.) All the kids were really pretty good little kids. I see Jenna getting a bit bored with the 2 year old classroom pretty soon. After she's there for a month or so and learns the subtle goodness of group dynamics, I may see if I can move her to the 3's. We'll see. When we said our goodbyes, some of the kids cried at our leaving. It was cute and sad, too. Colin was one of them.

All in all, I was really proud of her. She had a tiny bit of a breakdown when we got home. A few tears and the need for some reassurance by being held for an extended bit, but she really did great with the whole school thing. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

This is Jenna in the parking lot before we went in. And yes, Ballet Bear did come to "cool" with us.

2 comments:

The G's said...

I love the first day of school, I should I am a teacher, because the kids are so excited. I hope she has fun and meets lots of new friends. If she is anything like her mother she will be running the place before we know it! :)

Ben's Mom said...

Can't wait to hear how day 2 goes! Good luck.