Friday, September 12, 2008

The Things We Do For Love

I think every parent wants their kids to be happy and well adjusted. And we want them to eat good nutritious food, too. And we want them to grow up to be intelligent and successful...and we want... OK, so we want the world for our kids. Sorry I digress.

Anyway... the other morning, I was asking Jenna what she wanted for breakfast. She didn't come up with anything on her own so I decide to list all her options (healthy ones, of course.) Here's how the conversation went...
Do you want cereal? "No"
Yogurt? "No"
Waffles? "No"
Fruit? "No"
Eggs? "No"
Toast? "No"

Figuring she'd say no to everything I tossed out there, I added, "An Elephant?" And she replied, "Yes." I asked where she supposed I'd get her an elephant for breakfast. She replied, "The Kitchen." Of course...why didn't I think of that? I keep a spare elephant in the pantry for just such an occasion.


So...we endured the same litany for lunch this week. I listed everything available and she turned me down cold. Then she said she'd like a tiger. I sarcastically replied, "Do you want that as a sandwich?" She said yes, and I decided to try to surprise her. I figured it was easier to cut a quesadilla than a sandwich, so you can see the result and her facial response. What you can't see is that she looked up at me and said, "Mom, that's a cat not a tiger." Oh well, I tried.



I've also learned that clucking like a chicken makes my son seriously giggle. Again...the things we do for love. But what is left of my pride prevents me from posting any photographic evidence of that.

So, spread the love, would you?

2 comments:

Ginette said...

AH! There is a great website or book (I can't remember) that I saw that is "How to make animals out of food"! I will have to find it. Although, I have to say I am very impressed with you cat/tiger!

RylansMom said...

I do like that tiger/cat. Aren't toddlers funny!! On random days if you ask Rylan what he would like to eat for his meals he'll say 'dog poop'. He says it quite a bit and it is so funny!!